Can I move my user mailboxes onto another drive?
If you have IMAP or Outlook Connector users then their mail will be stored on the MDaemon machine rather than the Client Workstations. If you have installed MDaemon on your system drive you may want move these user mailboxes to another drive which has more free space. To do this take the following steps :-
1. Stop the MDaemon Service.
2. Move the \<path-to-MDaemon-install\MDaemon\Users folder to the new drive, but maintain the existing folder tree format.
For example, if the current path to the Users directory is C:\MDaemon\Users and the new drive has a drive letter of D: then the Users directory on the new drive should be in D:\MDaemon\Users.
3. Open \<path-to-MDaemon-install\MDaemon\App\Userlist.dat in a text editor (For example - www.textpad.com) and change the references to C:\ to D:\.
By changing only the drive letter as a result of following Step 2 you ensure that the format is maintained and that any "whitespace" remains 'as-is' which is used by MDaemon as a delimiter.
4. Start the MDaemon Service.
5. In the MDaemon Interface (GUI) under Accounts -> Account Manager confirm that all mailbox paths now show the new drive letter.
Possible issues to note:
To ensure that any new mailboxes are created on the new drive in the correct location, change the default mail directory for new accounts to point to this path in the MDaemon Interface (GUI) under Accounts -> Account Manager -> New Account Defaults.